NWPCTN 2022 Endorsements
Are you a pro-choice woman running for public office – anything from local school board to the General Assembly? If so, the NWPCTN can help you succeed with an endorsement.
To qualify for the Caucus’ endorsement, candidates must self-identify as women. They must demonstrate support for equal rights, reproductive freedom, and social equity and justice for women.
Our endorsement procedure begins in January with two application due dates: May 15th, 2022, and August 21st 2022, at midnight.
To be considered for endorsement, candidates must complete a questionnaire (links included below). Incumbent candidates who have been previously endorsed by the Caucus must reapply for endorsement when they run for reelection. You are eligible to submit a previously endorsed incumbent (PEI) form if you are the current incumbent for the same office you are running for and the NWPCTN has previously endorsed you for your current office. After the application date, the state endorsement committee will recommend candidates to NWPCTN general membership, which then votes to endorse them.
NWPCTN endorses in elections for the Tennessee General Assembly. NWPCTN has three local Caucuses that can endorse in local and municipal elections: East Tennessee Women’s Political Caucus, Middle Tennessee Women’s Political Caucus, and West Tennessee Women’s Political Caucus.
- The Eastern division is comprised of Anderson, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Claiborne, Carter, Cocke, Cumberland, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, and Washington counties.
- The Middle division is comprised of Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Davidson, DeKalb, Dickson, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Buren, Warren, Wayne, White, Williamson, and Wilson counties.
- The Western division is comprised of Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton, and Weakley counties
NWPCTN does not endorse in federal or statewide elections. This endorsement process is performed by the National Women’s Political Caucus. If interested, please fill out the NWPC Federal Questionnaire. Upon application to the National Caucus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. State and Local Caucus input is considered during the National endorsement process, and we would love to advocate on your behalf.
For more information about our endorsement process, please email email@example.com and be sure to include the position you are running for and the municipality it represents.
Benefits of a NWPCTN Endorsement
An endorsement from the NWPCTN enables your constituents to identify you as a candidate that supports equal rights, reproductive freedom, and social equity and justice for women.
Additional endorsement benefits can include:
- Social media amplification of your campaign
- Fundraisers hosted by the NWPCTN
- Access to NWPCTN training and events
- Networking with current and past elected women leaders